Yesterday, I posted my first lesson for Multi-Sensory Creative Writing. In addition to doing all of the things suggested in lesson one, I also gave each student a hand-out that listed several ways to incorporate objects into a story. The kids and I had a blast doing this lesson! Be sure to post any stories or comments regarding the list!
Seven ways in which you can incorporate objects into your writing.
- Character has a flashback after seeing an object.
- Ordinary object with an extraordinary purpose (clicking a ball-point pen stops time).
- Object is important somehow, but main character doesn’t realize it yet.
- Try mixing two or more unrelated objects (dissimilar elements).
- Character has an obsession with an object (or collection of objects).
- Plot revolves around the object.
- Follow an object through its lifetime.
For your convenience, I am uploading the list as a Word doc: Using Objects.